Operation Blackout Weeks 5 and 6

    
    Operation Blackout Weeks 5 and 6


        Sorry for the bit of a break I took. Last time we were in the section titled "List", I wasn't able to complete the puzzle/ project at this time. Instead, I went into the next sections. The next section was Functions, which included Lessons 37.1-44.1. In this case I didn't do the project either. So, without further ado let's get into it. 

    In Lesson 37.1 we are introduced to the term function which is a block of code used to separate programs into smaller more efficient terms, that are more organized. An example of this is the "Print ()" function. A function can be explained as a group of related statements that operate a specific task or job. 

    The next lesson teaches (38.1 and the mini project lesson 38.2) what list functions are. For example, one of the list functions is call "(len ())" which is useful to know how many items are in a list, I guess. To save time, I skipped over the mini project this time.

    In Lesson 39.1 we learn how to use functions with other things like strings. For example, strings have a format function written as "format ()". This one also has a mini project attached which is titled, "Shouting Text" (39.2).

    Next on the list (Oh the irony! lol) of things we learned in this section are as follows " Making Your Own Functions" (40.1), "Function Arguments", "Returning from Functions" (42.1), "Comments and Docstrings" (43.1), and last but not least "Module 6 Quiz" (44.1). Lessons 41.2 and 42.2 were some optional mini projects you can do along the way. 

    On a side note, I learned that it is probably best to check for errors as you go along. If you, don't you may want to call Kenny Loggins because you're in "The Danger Zone"!I also found that in some cases you will have to start over.  


     In the end I decided too much time was wasted on the project so I skipped over it for now. I will say this, I do intend to come back to it, I just want to get through all the basics and be able to get those first. The last project of the section is a search engine so I definitely will use a whole post for that. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts